Group Class Guideline & Etiquette
The following guideline & ettiquette applies to Group Fitness Classes.
1. Book Before You Come
We also limit our class sizes so that they are not overcrowded. If a class you wish to take is full, we will place you on the wait list and notify you of an opening as soon as possible.
Please give us 2 hours’ advance notice if you cannot attend the pre-booked class so that we can release your booking to waitlisted students
3 or more cumulative late cancellations and / or no-shows over a consecutive 30-day period result in:
- your booking privileges being revoked for 2 weeks for first-time offenders; thereafter, advance booking will not be allowed for one month
- or your class attendance restricted to in-person standby and only up to 30 minutes before class
* No overlapping within the same time slot – this applies to both confirmed and waitlist bookings.
You must be physically present at the fitness centre to add your name to the standby list. Standby list opens 30 minutes before class, on a first-come, first-served basis.
5 minutes before a class starts, our staff members will start releasing spots available for students on standby.
2. Preparing Yourself before Class
Make sure to keep hydrated by drinking water both before and after class.
Tell your instructor about any injuries. This will help the instructor know how to adjust you or show you a modified step if necessary.
3. Arriving the Centre
All students must sign in at least 5 minutes before class starts. Otherwise your space may automatically be released for students on standby. Students on the standby list will be notified 5 minutes before the class starts. (Subject to space availability)
Please show a photo ID or your Pure card at the Front Desk in order to sign in and obtain a studio pass for the class. Students without a pass will not be able to take a class.
On your first visit you will be required to fill out a new student registration form. Please be sure to sign a waiver and indicate any physical injuries or special health conditions.
4. Entering Class
Please arrive 10-15 minutes before class. All classes start on time, so please be at the studio 5 minutes before. Once class starts, you will not be allowed in. Please do not leave the studio while class is in progress.
- No talking : Please do not talk while in the Group Fitness studio.
- No eating : Do not eat in the studio.
- No mobiles : Do not bring your mobile phones or blackberry devices into the Group Fitness studio.
- Proper attire : Please wear clean, appropriate workout clothing (no jeans, no work clothes). No torn clothing is permitted and chest area must be covered.
- Proper footwear : Please wear the appropriate type of shoes according to the particular class you join. For Yoga, Pilates or BODYBALANCE™ classes, it is recommended you participate without shoes on.
- Please do not save places for other participants as our classes are on a first come, first served basis.
- In helping to improve our environment, please be conscious of the number of towels that you use.
- Please be courteous to staff and other students at all times.
- Please inform the instructor if you are new, pregnant, or have any health conditions that may be affected by participating in that class.
Pole Dancing, Private Dance & Private Pilates Classes
All pole-dancing classes at Pure Fitness Hong Kong are now held on a pole-sharing basis, unless otherwise noted.
- Pole sharing is available for all levels of pole dance classes. Maximum two participants per pole.
- Participants understand that there are associated risks of injury and accidents during classes and/or from the use of the studio and its equipment. As such, participants agree to assume all such risks and that the studio, its company, instructors or any of the studio/company’s management and staff /affiliates are in no way responsible or liable for any such injury/injuries or loss.
- Pole sharing will be based on a first come, first served basis – i.e. Participant no.8 will share with Participant no.7, Participant 9 will share with Participant 6, etc. The instructor reserves the right to make changes. “First come, first served” refers to the first to check in at our fitness centre and obtain a class pass.
- Only one participant is allowed on the pole at any one time. Participants must adhere to the time allocated for Participant A and Participant B. Participants agree not to attempt any moves on the pole or practise any new moves without the consent and proper guidance or supervision. The instructor reserves the right to evict participants from class for unsafe practices and not adhering to instructions.
- All other terms and conditions relating to the Membership Agreement and Guest Fitness Profile are applicable, particularly the sections relating to Physical Condition & Safety and Limitation of Liability.
- All pole-dancing classes at Pure Fitness Hong Kong are now held on a pole-sharing basis, unless otherwise noted. Pure reserves the right to change this arrangement at its discretion.
- All participants must have read, understood and agreed to abide by these rules.
All pole-dancing classes at Pure Fitness Hong Kong are now held on a pole-sharing basis, unless otherwise noted
- Private Dance/Private Pilates contracts are issued for one Pure Cardholder who may then invite up to two guests per class that are required to pay the day access fee and sign a liability waiver form.
- Private Pilates classes are available in the private studio of Pure Fitness Kinwick and Pure South (Repulse Bay). Private Dance is only available in the private studio of Pure Fitness Kinwick.
- Private Dance/Private Pilates classes will commence only after the total session amount is paid in full.
- Private Dance/Pilates class packages are not convertible (i.e. A one-class contract cannot be converted into part of a six-class or 12-class contract, or a monthly fee).
- Each lesson is 45 minutes in duration and advance booking is required.
- Class sessions start and end on time, regardless of when the student arrives. Please check in at least 10 to 15 minutes before your class. Pure Fitness reserves the right to forfeit the class if the student fails to enter the private studio within 15 minutes of the start of the appointment.
- Both the instructor and the Cardholder must document their attendance on the Private Dance/Private Pilates ‘sign-in’ sheet.
- Pure Fitness reserves the right to substitute the instructor in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices are valid for this promotion only and are subject to change without prior notice.
- No shows, unused classes, and cancellations with less than a 24-hour notice period all result in the session being forfeited. Class fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- All unused classes are forfeited upon their expiration date.
- Validity period commences from the date of the signed agreement.
- The choreography of all Private Dance classes is the property of Pure. Using the dance, in part or in full, for performance, teaching or any other profit-making activity is forbidden.
- Any dispute connected in any way with this promotion will be resolved by Pure at its absolute discretion.