The Big 3 - Fitness Intensives with Marcus Yap
To register, kindly contact the studio (6100 8898) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Workshop
The Big 3 – Squats, Bench Presses and Deadlifts – constitute a significant part of a comprehensive and holistic workout / bodybuilding regimen. Allow 2-time World Record Holder Marcus Yap (Deadlifts and total) to share with you the benefits of performing the Big 3 and how you can incorporate these exercises to further elevate your fitness routine.
Key benefits of the Big 3:
- Burn more calories by utilising the bigger muscle groups
- Help build stronger bones, and minimises risks of osteoporosis and sarcopenia
- Help build a stronger core and improves overall posture
- An efficient workout for people with time constraints (Big 3 exercises cover most muscle groups)
- Improve day-to-day activities, due to better proprioception (perception or awareness of the position and movement of the body relative to space)
- Train your Central Nervous System, and gradually over time, leads to better and bigger portion of recruitment for your fast-twitch muscle fibres
Did you know?
- The Big 3 exercises can also help with overall mental wellness! It shifts the focus from body composition to progressive overload
- These exercises have high transference to many sports - Greatly increases your power output and exposes weakness in your kinetic chain, leading you to identify other complementary exercises you can employ in your training programme
- Benefits people of all ages
Key concepts covered:
- Understanding your antropometry and what variations of the Big 3 you can use for your specific needs
- Muscle groups involved in the Big 3 and how to better target them
- Proper techniques and safety aspects
- Mobility drills
- Progression and Regression of the Big 3
- A wide range of Big 3 exercises will also be taught
Suitable for all levels.
Schedule and Description
Session 1: Why the Big 3?
25 May, 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Achieving any fitness goal via the Big 3
- Building stronger bones, a stronger core, and better performance
Session 2: (Hands-on Session – Squat, Bench, Deadlift)
1 June, 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Set-up for the execution of the Big 3 lifts
- Different warm-ups/drills to prep for Big 3 exercises
- How to warm up to your working set?
- Looking into other variations of the SBD to help you with your goals
Session 3: (Putting it all together)
1 June, 1:30pm - 4:30pm
- What is volume, intensity and frequency?
- How to effectively design your own programme and track progress
- Revision on the set-up and execution of the Big 3
About Marcus Yap
Marcus is someone who enjoys fitness and seeks to empower others through what has given him so much.
Marcus’s coaching journey started at just 10 years old, when a friend from the TAF (Trim and Fit) club approached him to get fitter. Ever since, he has been intrigued by fitness and has never looked back. Fast forward 14 years and Marcus has witnessed many successes with clients, athletes and students.
Apart from his coaching accolades, his own fitness journey started when he couldn’t make the badminton school team. Marcus remembers watching the team train and all he could do was to mimic what the team was doing outside the windows of the school hall. A few tough years later, he managed to climb the ranks and represented Singapore in the Asian Junior games. He then switched over to the sport of powerlifting and become the first Singaporean to break both the Asian and World records.
When asked what the best thing is about coaching people, he answers: “The smiles on their faces when they look into the mirror and seeing their confidence grow day by day.”
- Diploma in Sports and Exercise Science (2015)
- Certified Instructor in Federation of international sports aerobics and fitness, FISAF Level 2 (2012)
- CPR + AED certification (2012-2018)
- 7X Powerlifting Singapore National Champion (2014-2018)
- 23X National Record holder
- 3X International Powerlifting Federation Asian Champion (2014-2017)
- 5X Asian Record Holder
- International Powerlifting Federation World Championships 1st runner up (2015)
- 2X World Record Holder
- Semi-finalist MBA junior age group 2012 (Badminton)
- Athlete of the year 2012 (Boon Lay Secondary school)
- Represented Singapore in the Asian Junior Games 2009 (Badminton)
Pure Intensives: S$188 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 10 May)
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$212 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 10 May)
Regular Pricing: S$235
Single Session Only
Pure Cardholders: S$78 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 10 May)
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$88 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 10 May)
Regular Pricing: S$98
Terms and Conditions
Photos and video may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
- Please note prices include 7% GST
Early-bird 20% Discount:
- Early-bird Discount ends 10 May 2019. Please see above for listed prices.
- Payment must be made 48 hours after registration, otherwise Pure Fitness reserves the right to release your mat to the next registrant waiting-in-line.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 10 May 2019.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- Pure Yoga reserves the right to cancel the training as it sees fit, without any compensation made to the registrant other than refund of payment.
Special offer from nood food:
- 15% off all nood food items for all event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 20% off all smoothies and juices for all event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- $3.50 for any coffee or tea for all event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact our studio or see reception.