Group Class Guideline & Etiquette
The following guideline & ettiquette applies to Group Fitness Classes.
1. Book Before You Come
We also limit our class sizes so that they are not overcrowded. If a class you wish to take is full, we will place you on the wait list and notify you of an opening as soon as possible.
Please give us 2 hours’ advance notice if you cannot attend the pre-booked class so that we can release your booking to waitlisted students
3 or more cumulative late cancellations and / or no-shows over a consecutive 30-day period result in:
- your booking privileges being revoked for 2 weeks for the first occurrence; thereafter, advance booking will not be allowed for one month
- or your class attendance restricted to in-person standby and only up to 30 minutes before class
* No overlapping within the same time slot – this applies to both confirmed and waitlist bookings.
You must be physically present at the fitness centre to add your name to the standby list. Standby list opens 30 minutes before class, on a first-come, first-served basis.
5 minutes before a class starts, our staff members will start releasing spots available for students on standby.
If you are attending a class and would like to join the class immediately after; you cannot leave the class to put your name on the standby list. To avoid disruptions and for safety reasons, once class starts, you are not allowed in and our guidelines ask all participants to not leave the studio while class is in progress. You have to wait until your first class ends and check at reception if there are any spots available for the following class.
2. Preparing Yourself before Class
Make sure to keep hydrated by drinking water both before and after class.
Tell your instructor about any injuries. This will help the instructor know how to adjust you or show you a modified step if necessary.
3. Arriving the Centre
All students must sign in at least 5 minutes before class starts. Otherwise your space may automatically be released for students on standby. Students on the standby list will be notified 5 minutes before the class starts. (Subject to space availability)
Please show a photo ID or your Pure card at the Front Desk in order to sign in and obtain a studio pass for the class. Students without a pass will not be able to take a class.
On your first visit you will be required to fill out a new student registration form. Please be sure to sign a waiver and indicate any physical injuries or special health conditions.
4. Entering Class
Please arrive 10-15 minutes before class. All classes start on time, so please be at the studio 5 minutes before. Once class starts, you will not be allowed in. Please do not leave the studio while class is in progress.
- No talking : Please do not talk while in the Group Fitness studio.
- No eating : Do not eat in the studio.
- No mobiles : Do not bring your mobile phones or blackberry devices into the Group Fitness studio.
- Proper attire : Please wear clean, appropriate workout clothing (no jeans, no work clothes). No torn clothing is permitted and chest area must be covered.
- Proper footwear : Please wear the appropriate type of shoes according to the particular class you join. For Yoga, Pilates or BODYBALANCE™ classes, it is recommended you participate without shoes on.
- Please do not save places for other participants as our classes are on a first come, first served basis.
- In helping to improve our environment, please be conscious of the number of towels that you use.
- Please be courteous to staff and other students at all times.
- Please inform the instructor if you are new, pregnant, or have any health conditions that may be affected by participating in that class.