Personal Trainers > Hong Kuang Seow
Hong Kuang was always active as a child, participating in track and field in primary school followed by basketball in secondary school. But, like any other "active Asian child," he didn't know much about nutrition and ate insufficiently.
In his polytechnic days, he was dragged to the gym by one of his friends. As he began to see changes in his physique, Hong Kuang fell in love with weightlifting and gained a better understanding of nutrition. Hong Kuang gradually developed an interest in bodybuilding. He has progressed from lifting an empty barbell for his bench to his current top 1 rep max of 130kg.
Hong Kuang decided to become a Personal Trainer after completing his National Service. He could use his personal experience with others who were insecure about their appearance because he had been through that stage of low self-confidence. Simultaneously, Hong Kuang advanced his bodybuilding career by competing in local competitions, where he won first place back-to-back in 2019 and 2020, as well as the overall champion title in 2020 for the Fitness Movement Classic Physique competition.
Hong Kuang is an experienced trainer with years of cumulative expertise and knowledge who will guide those eager to begin their fitness journey. His approach to training clients is to be empathetic, listen to their needs, and get to know them on a personal level to achieve better results.
Tell us about one client on whom you had the biggest influence?
A client who was 130kg overweight and on medication for mild high blood pressure approached me with the goal of losing weight and making a shift in his health. I tailored a programme to his requirements. This includes strength training and cardio to improve his cardiovascular health. I also oversaw his overall diet and implemented two cutting phases. With my help, he was able to lose 40kg in total, is no longer on medication, and feels more confident overall.
- 2019 Fitness Movement Classic Physique Juniors, 1st Place
- 2020 Fitness Movement Class Physique Juniors, 1st Place
- 2020 Fitness Movement Classic Physique Overall Champion
- Clean Health Fitness Institute Performance PT Coach Levels 1 & 2 (Level 3 in progress)
- Clean Health Fitness Institute Performance Nutrition Coach Levels 1 & 2 (Level 3 in progress)
- Clean Health Fitness Institute Fat Loss Fundamentals Certification
- Strength System International Certification Levels 1 & 2 (Level 3 in progress)
- Training The Physique Athlete Certification with Layne Norton
- Triggerpoint Levels 1 & 2 Qualification
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- Strength Avenue Kettlebell Level 1 Certified
Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits. A little progress each day adds up to big results.