Personal Trainers > Ronald Lim
Most know that being physically active has health benefits and have even started an exercise programme at some point in their lives. Yet a well-known statistic states that more than 50% of people who start a new exercise programme will drop out within the first 6 months (Dishman, 1988). Those who stick to it are usually intrinsically motivated.
Ronald believes that to be intrinsically motivated in the context of exercise means that a person is engaged in exercise for the inherent experience that comes from engagement itself. The goal of personal trainers should be to maximise enjoyment and engagement without expecting their clients to display intrinsic motivation.
Ronald also understands that the second task of a personal trainer is to foster the development of motivation on a contextual level. Trainers should teach – not control – to encourage client ownership and involvement in the programme. By teaching self-sufficiency and autonomy, trainers can help facilitate the development of intrinsic motivation.
Having been on both sides of the 50% statistic above, Ronald has come to PURE to help clients with his continuing education and an optimistic approach. “I want to empower you to make better, more informed decisions that best suit your personal pursuits in years to come – with or without me.”
- CPR & AED Certified
- Basic Exercise Course (BEC), Singapore Sports Council
- Fitness Instructor Course (FIC), Singapore Sports Council
- The Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA)
- American Council of Exercise Certified Personal Trainer (ACE CPT)
- Diploma in Sports & Exercise Science (USSA)
- Singapore Coach Excellence (SG-Coach) Theory Level 1
- TRX Certified
- Agatsu Level 1
- ACE Functional Training (Current Study)
- ACE Mind Body Fitness: Stretching Strategies –What? - When? - How?
- Kbox Exxentric Workshop
- SUPLES Training Systems – Bulgarian Bag workshop (2018)
- SUPLES Training Systems – High Intensity Rope Training System (H.I.R.T.S) workshop (2018)
- Self Osteo-Myofascial Applications (SOMA) - Level 1 (2018)
- Agatsu Speed and Strength
- Agatsu Kettlebell Level 1
Know that the above mentioned does not matter more than the simple fact that, I care – about your well-being and your results.
Not every day will be enjoyable – but we'll be there to make it tolerable in creating the best version of you, for you, with you.