Personal Trainers > Kai Lau
Kai first started getting into fitness while pursuing her doctorate in Canada, where she found the gym to be a perfect counter-balance to fast-paced scientific research and the stress of graduate study. Having experienced first-hand the enormous impact that exercise can bring to personal physical and mental well-being, she hopes to help others realize this transformation as well; from feeling lost and anxious about fitness – to being disciplined, curious and enthusiastic.
Kai’s passion for fitness has found her exploring many different avenues; from powerlifting, general strength & conditioning, Olympic lifting, and bodybuiding – to dance, Zumba, stretching, and bodyweight fitness. She even tried running (for a very short amount of time). Most of all, she strives to be non-judgmental and open-mind about fitness, and wants to help people find something they love that can help them change.
In her spare time, Kai enjoys books, podcasts, cycling and generally being a nerd. Feel free to ask her about any of these things.
- American Council on Exercise – Certified Personal Trainer (2018)
- PTA Global – Certified Personal Trainer (working towards)
- CPR-AED (2017)
- PhD Chemistry, McGill University (2016)
- BSc Chemistry, McGill University (2010)
- Self Osteo-Myofascial Applications (SOMA) - Level 1 (2018)
- Movement assessment tool (MAT) Level 1
- SUPLES Training Systems – Bulgarian Bag workshop (2018)
- SUPLES Training Systems – High Intensity Rope Training System (H.I.R.T.S) workshop (2018)
- Singapore Weightlifting Federation – Coach Level 1 (2018)
- TRX® Suspension Training® Course (2018)
One step at a time.